The increasing popularity of cannabis-infused food items has led to an increase in weed granola recipes. Weed granola is a type of cereal that is made with oats, honey, and cannabis butter, or marijuana cooking oil. The ingredients are mixed together and then baked in the oven on low heat until it’s crispy. Here are some tips for making your own weed granola.
Why should you eat weed granola?
- Weed granola is a healthier alternative to other types of cereal. It contains healthy fats and protein from the cannabis butter or marijuana cooking oil, nutrients from honey and oats, fiber from whole grains, vitamins A&D in plant form (vitamin D can’t be found in animal products), iron for energy production which also helps with brain development.
- Potent weed granola that has high levels of THC may help you feel more relaxed during your day while those who want CBD might benefit from its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Marijuana is one of many herbs and spices available so if you enjoy experimenting then this recipe will give you an opportunity to do just that!
- Cannabis butter or marijuana cooking oil.
- Honey, which is a natural sweetener and also contains amino acids that help with sugar cravings as well as antioxidants for anti-aging.
- Whole grains like oats to provide fiber and protein. Oats are rich in B vitamins including folate (preventing birth defects) and vitamin E (protects against aging). They’re also high in iron too! Vitamins making this breakfast cereal vegan friendly while still being delicious!
How to make it?
- Here are some tips for making your own weed granole: use soy milk instead of regular dairy if you’re vegan or lactose intolerant; replace white sugar with brown sugar because brown sugar adds depth while not adding much moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place equal parts of cannabis butter or marijuana cooking oil, honey, and oats in a bowl. Mix well with your hands until uniformity is achieved.
- Spread on a parchment lined cookie sheet over an inch thick – this takes about 15 minutes and should be stirred every five so that it doesn’t burn! Remove from heat when fully browned (about 25 mins).
- Let cool for five minutes before adding any other ingredients like dried fruit, nuts or chocolate chips, etc.
- Enjoy weed granola as you please! You can eat it plain out of the jar but I prefer eating mine mixed into yogurt with some fresh berries.
Recipe for weed granola
- Strawberry and blueberry: ½ cup dried strawberries, ¼ cup dried blueberries, ¾ cup honey.
- Apple cinnamon: ½ a granny smith apple diced with the peel on, ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves (or to taste), dash of allspice or nutmeg. Mix together in a bowl until well coated then add oats. Stir more if not mixed in evenly enough! A teaspoon of cinnamon for every two tablespoons of oatmeal works well too.
- Pumpkin spice: Add one tablespoon pumpkin puree and half a teaspoon each ginger powder, cardamom, cumin seeds, and sea salt before cooking it down into your pot/bowl mixture before adding other ingredients like fruit, nuts, and seeds.
- Chocolate hazelnut: Add ½ cup chocolate chips to the pot/bowl mixture before adding other ingredients like fruit, nuts, and seeds for a sweet twist!
Instructions: Assemble all of your ingredients in an appropriate sized bowl or pot. Mix together well with a spoon then cook on low heat until it starts to dry out (unless you’re using uncooked oats). Stir occasionally so that everything cooks evenly. Peel apples if desired when cooking down into the granola mixture – this will keep them from getting mushy while drying out too much as well as making any apple chunks softer. This is usually done by placing peeled apples on paper towels after peeling them core & slicing thin slices around the apple.
Keep stirring until it starts to dry out and becomes crunchy. If you like your granola a little sweeter, add some honey or agave nectar now! Add the desired amount of weed if using cannabis as well as any other spices before taking off the heat.
Tip: You can store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three weeks when stored in a cool area without sunlight.
The benefits of eating weed granola
- Eating weed granola can help you relax and feel better if you have an anxiety disorder or depression.
- Weed granola has more fiber than your average cereal which is very helpful for digestion and weight loss.
- High in potassium so it’s great as a post workout recovery snack!
- You don’t need to wait until breakfast time to eat it because there are no rules about when cannabis should be consumed!
- The high will last longer with the slower release from fat cells (vs quick absorption by the brain). This means that people who take THC pills might find themselves coming down sooner on their medication dosage due to feeling fewer effects from the weed granola.
Other things that can be added for more flavors or nutrients
- nuts (walnuts are a favorite) for protein and fiber. Add these to the mixture slowly so that they don’t burn in the oven;
- dried fruits such as raisins, cranberries, or apricots;
- seeds of your choice: sunflower, pumpkin, flaxseed, etc. A mix is even better because it’s nutritious and adds variety and texture to your granola!
Side effects of weed granola
- Some people may feel lightheaded or dizzy after eating weed granola. This is because the THC can affect your nervous system and blood pressure, which are connected to the centers of balance in your brain.
- It’s best not to eat too much weed granola at once if you’re new to cannabis edibles; start small with a few pieces before increasing your dose.
- Even though this recipe has been tested for accuracy by experts, please be aware that every person metabolizes marijuana differently so what might work great for one individual could have little effect on another (and vice versa). It’s always safer to take a smaller amount first until you know how well it works for you!