Coffee is a staple in many people’s lives. It’s a drink that can wake you up or get you through the day. Yet for some, coffee just isn’t enough. If caffeine doesn’t do it for you, then weed caramel-infused coffee might be your answer. This recipe combines the sweetness of caramel with cannabis to create an enjoyable and refreshing drink! Here are all the ingredients and how to make weed caramel-infused coffee.
The process of making caramel infused coffee
The process of making weed infused coffee starts with weed-infused coffee beans. You can either buy them pre-made or make your own at home by roasting cannabis and grinding it into a fine powder before adding to the grounds in a container for storage in the freezer where its shelf life is longer than ground up cannabis that has not been frozen.
Weed Caramel Infused Coffee Recipe
- A coffee mug or cup of choice. I prefer a white ceramic mug for this type of drink;
- Sugar to sweeten the caramel sauce if desired, but it’s optional!
Instructions: Grind your cannabis to release all those delightful flavors. You can use whole buds if you prefer but rosin bags work great too! Add your weed and honey into a small pan over low heat. Stir them together until you have created a paste like substance with no chunks left in sight. This will be very sticky so make sure that all utensils are cleaned before going back to cooking! Once done create an equally sized circle on parchment paper using your fingers then place the sheet onto a baking tray lined with silicone matting or aluminum foil/spray oil beforehand your own beans. You can even use a cannabis-infused coffee maker that has been designed to make weed infused coffee. Bring the water to a boil and then pour it over your grinds. Let everything steep for at least 15 minutes before pouring it into your coffee mug of choice!
How to make weed caramel iced coffee
To make weed caramel iced coffee, you will need the following:
- ice cubes for cold brew (made from any beans),
- hot water or milk for an espresso type drink,
- a medium saucepan with a lid that can be put in the freezer and later used to hold your brewed coffee then turned into weed caramel infused coffee by adding cannabis syrup. The best part about this recipe is all of the ingredients are interchangeable! If you want some milk instead of cream, go ahead! You could also use soy milk or almond milk if they’re more fulfilling than traditional dairy options.
When it comes to making weed infusions at home, one major thing stands out – safety first! Set up everything according to these instructions before doing anything else:
- First, make sure that all the items you’re working with are easy to handle and won’t cause any burns or spills. You’ll also want a work surface where nothing will disturb it – this means no pets or kids! Do not use anything like an ironing board because it could catch on fire while in contact with oil.
- Next, have some paper towels and dish soap nearby just in case something does happen (it’s better to be prepared). Put them close by so they can easily reach if needed but keep them out of your way for now. Hint: If you don’t have access to these things, consider using parchment paper instead of bowls when making weed caramel infused coffee.
- Finally, put together the ingredients you’ll need for weed caramel infused coffee. Your list should include instant espresso, sugar, water, and cannabis-infused butter or oil (if desired). You may also want to have some milk in your pantry if someone wants a creamier taste.
- Add two tablespoons of sugar to a small bowl and set that aside.
- In another small saucepan, heat the water until it’s simmering (just before boiling). Fill your mug about halfway with hot water. This will help you dissolve the sugar when adding it next.
- Now add in some cannabis oil or butter (if desired).
- Next, place one tablespoon of coffee grounds into a large cup or glass measuring cup – I recommend using an 18oz drinkware for this recipe because we’ll need to make four servings at once! The smaller size means more precise measurements and no wasted weed caramel infused coffee. Plus if you’re making them all as gifts then there won’t be any debate on sizes 😉
Benefits of drinking cannabis or marijuana-infused drinks
- No need for expensive espresso machines or fancy tools.
- Makes you feel happy and euphoric without any side effects like anxiety, paranoia, or dry mouth. Also makes you super relaxed which is great before bedtime! – Great afterglow from the cannabis leaf extract in the recipe.
- A good way to get your daily dose of CBDs.
- Weed caramel infused coffee has no calories so can be enjoyed guilt free! The benefits of this caffeinated beverage are endless because there are only positive effects with zero drawbacks. For anyone looking for an alternative to classic cappuccinos, espressos, or lattes I highly recommend giving this recipe a try.
What are the health effects of consuming cannabis or marijuana on your diet and lifestyle
- Cannabis is a plant with many healthful properties. It has been used for centuries as medicine to treat wounds, inflammation, pain, and other symptoms. More recently it’s being studied to help reduce nausea from chemotherapy treatments.
- Marijuana contains THC which can make you feel happy because it releases dopamine into the brain; however, there are side effects such as paranoia, anxiety, and increased heart rate. Long-term use might also impair memory retrieval.
- THC is the chemical that makes weed affect your mental state by triggering dopamine release in our brains. It may lead to paranoia or an increase risk of forming schizophrenia. The more THC you consume, the higher chance for these side effects will happen.
- Cannabis can slow down memory retrieval because it affects neurotransmitters like acetylcholine which are responsible for learning and moving memories from short term into long term storage. Studies have shown that chronic use impairs working memory recall at low doses while impairing verbal immediate recall at high doses. A study done on rats showed how cannabis intoxication has an inhibitory effect on memory retrieval.
- Cannabis can increase stress levels and anxiety by triggering the release of cortisol in our brains when we consume weed edibles or inhale it through smoking.
- CBD is a cannabinoid that counteracts THC to minimize its side effects. This effect depends on the dosage taken, but studies have shown that cannabis containing higher amounts of CBD has less psychoactive effects than those without any at all, which is called indica; this gives us an idea about what type of strain would be best for you based on your needs.
- Cannabinoids are one more reason why weed tends to give people a dry mouth since they affect nerves responsible for salivation production and cause them to stop working properly. It could lead to gum problems because cannabis irritates the mouth’s nerves.
- THC can also alter your sense of taste, which means that you may not be able to enjoy a plate of food as much. You might feel like it tastes bland or too salty and will want to drink more water to fully appreciate whatever dish is on the table.
- Potent cannabis edibles such as weed doughnuts are often made with highly concentrated varieties so make sure you keep track of what dosage increments are being used before ingesting them. Despite their potency, weed doughnuts provide an excellent way for people who suffer from chronic pain due to health conditions such as arthritis or fibromyalgia because they alleviate all types of discomfort without having any negative side effects associated with conventional medications.