Cannabis is a plant that has been used for thousands of years for medicine and recreation. As it becomes legal in more states, people are looking for new ways to enjoy their weed legally. That’s why we’re going to show you how to make weed cake pops! Weed cake pops are a great way to enjoy your favorite dessert while getting some THC into your system. We’ll go over the ingredients needed and then give you detailed instructions on how to make weed cake pops at home using store-bought or homemade ingredients!
1. What are weed cake pops
Weed cake pops are a great way to enjoy your favorite dessert while getting some THC into your system. We’ll go over the ingredients needed and then give you detailed instructions on how to make weed cake pops at home using store-bought or homemade ingredients!
2. How to make weed cake pops
- first, you’ll want to decide if you’re using store-bought or homemade cake pops
- for store-bought cake pops: unwrap the pop and insert a lollipop stick into it. make sure that you replace the wrapper on top of the pop before dipping it in melted marijuana butter so that none of your delicious weed goes to waste! If there is any leftover oil at this point, try not to use too much since we will be adding more as needed later on. Push down on the stick one time only!
- for homemade cake pops: start by cutting marshmallow squares with scissors (make them about an inch long). Fold each square into quarters without creasing then roll out gently between palms until they form a ball. Place a stick into the bottom of each cake pop and push it down only one time to help secure them in place, so that you can dip these later!
- now we’re going to melt our weed butter for use with dipping: divide up your oil between two bowls or pots depending on how many colors you want (we’ll be using yellow and green). Heat over medium heat in both containers until melted, stirring occasionally – remove from heat when fully liquidated but not boiling. Dip half of your pops first in green then yellow- some prefer this order while others do it opposite! If any excess color remains around the edges after dipping, feel free to wipe off before proceeding onto next step;
- finally brush away all remaining color around the edges with a pastry brush dipped in water.
- decorate your cake pops- we’re using icing and sprinkles! We recommend some white to mix it all, then add any colors you want for contrast or simply as decoration
- place these pops back into their molds before they become too soft from the butter – this can take anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour depending on how quickly they are heating up), if desired. Let them cool down until hardened.
3. Recipes for weed cake pops
Instructions: This is where you will go more in-depth about what needs to be done step by step for people who do not know how to weed cake pops work;
Ingredients: For the ingredients, mention what you need that isn’t included with the kit and why;
Skewer sticks: these are for the cake pops to hold on to while they’re baking)
Baking pan or other cooking surfaces (optional): you can either use a normal kitchen counter, but we recommend something that has higher edges. This will help contain any overflow liquid from the cake pop mixes as it is heating up in your oven. You’ll also want this if you plan on melting chocolate with them- otherwise, leave empty
Measuring cups and spoons
Mixing bowls * The simple ingredients required of weed cake pops consist only of sugar, flour, brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt- no eggs!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Melt a stick of butter and add in ¼ cup sugar, ½ teaspoon baking powder, and dash each cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger
- Mix with an electric mixer for about two minutes until it is light and fluffy (you can also use a hand whisk) * Add in egg yolk or powdered eggs plus one tablespoon of water – mix well again
- Slowly pour the cake mixture into mold cavities around ⅔ full then put them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly from the center. Allow them to cool down before removing them from their molds; this will take around 30-40
4. Weed Cake Pop FAQs
- We recommend making one at a time
- How much weed oil should I use per cake pop? For every cake pop, you will need to measure out about 20 grams of weed oil. This is the perfect amount for both flavor and potency in each bite! If you want them less strong, just add more butter instead of using less weed oil
- What kind of container do I use to store my leftover cake batter? You can use an airtight container with a lid that happens to be microwave safe. Here are some suggestions: A sealable plastic bag; glass jars like these from Amazon; or an aluminum loaf pan (you must make sure it’s metal!) To avoid spills during microwaving, place something heavy
6. Why should I make a weed cake pop instead of just smoking pot at home?
- It’s way more discreet. Whenever you’re out in public, you need to be worried about someone smelling the cannabis on your clothes or noticing that you have something tucked away in your bag. With weed cake pops, all their goodies are hidden inside an innocent-looking dessert;
- They taste amazing! You can customize these edibles with any flavor profile that suits your tastes. Plus they come pre-portioned so there is no risk of taking too much and getting high off it accidentally.;
- Weed cake pops make for great gifts because everyone loves sweets. When giving them as a gift this holiday season or anytime really, wrap them up like regular bakery treats (i.e. place in a decorative paper bag and tie with twine).
- They’re discreet! People think they’re just regular cake pops, so you don’t have to worry about anyone judging you for taking one or two on the go.;
- You can customize these edibles with any flavor profile that suits your tastes. Plus they come pre-portioned so there is no risk of taking too much and getting high off it accidentally;
- Weed cake pops make for great gifts because everyone loves sweets. When giving them as a gift this holiday season or anytime really, wrap them up like regular bakery treats (i.e. place in a decorative paper bag and tie with twine)