Are you trying to find a way to get cannabis into your diet without smoking it? Well, this recipe is for you! We are going to teach you how to make cannabis coconut body lotion. This recipe can be made with ingredients that are easy to find at any grocery store and the process is so simple even if you’re just starting out in cooking. The best part about this recipe is once it’s done, all of those delicious cannabinoids will go right into your skin where they will help heal dryness or eczema symptoms!
1. Ingredients for cannabis coconut body lotion
- Cannabis: You can use medical or recreational marijuana, just make sure you know what kind of effects it will have on your skin. If you’re using recreational marijuana, be aware that the THC levels in this recipe are quite high and may cause some psychoactive side effects if applied topically.
- Coconut Oil: This is a cooking oil with many health benefits! In addition to moisturizing dry skin and preventing eczema symptoms from worsening, it contains lauric acid which helps fight infections too!
- Essential Oils (optional): What’s better than weed? Weed mixed with essential oils of course! The next time we get around to making another batch of this stuff I’m going to try adding peppermint and eucalyptus oils for a refreshing, invigorating smell.
- Beeswax: This is an ingredient that will solidify the lotion so you can use it as a balm or body cream! It’s also got some great skin healing properties which make this cannabis coconut body lotion perfect not just for moisturizing but to heal cuts too!
- You will need a cup of coconut oil, two tablespoons of cannabis tincture, and six drops of peppermint essential oil. Coconut oil is an excellent moisturizer that promotes healthy skin as well! Cannabis tinctures are potent extracts from the cannabis plant with all the therapeutic benefits in tact. Peppermint to provide aromatherapy for your dry or itchy skin discomfort – study shows it can also reduce feelings of stress and anxiety!
2. Instructions for use
- Cannabis coconut lotion is a great way to get the benefits of both cannabis and coconut oil in one product
- It’s really easy to make, you just need about 15 minutes!
- Start with two cups of organic virgin coconut oil (if using essential oils add them at this time)
- Add up to ten grams of dried cannabis flower or trim* for each cup of oil used
- You can use more if desired but it will take longer for your mixture to become creamy white due to less heat being generated which may lead some people to become impatient and adding additional heat themselves, it should be noted that too much heat will degrade THC content so while having higher levels may seem like a good idea remember there are other cannabinoids that are beneficial to our bodies as well
- Place mixture in a crock pot or double boiler on low heat and mix occasionally, until it becomes creamy white which should take about four hours
- When the oil has turned into an opaque cream color add approximately one teaspoon of beeswax for each cup of cannabis coconut lotion made, stirring thoroughly with your whisk.
- Allow this mixture to cool overnight before pouring into jars for storage (for best results place them in the freezer) when it’s cooled you can test its potency by rubbing some on your skin; if there is no reaction after five minutes then congratulations! You have successfully created cannabis coconut body lotion! If reactions continue past five minutes wash off immediately!
3. Benefits of cannabis coconut body lotion
We all know the benefits of cannabis, but do you know what they are? The use of cannabis can help with chronic pain relief, glaucoma as well as other medical uses.
- This cannabis coconut body lotion recipe has natural anti inflammatory properties thanks to the CBD in the pot and antioxidant benefits from the vitamins A & E
- With vitamin B, it helps promote hair growth and repair damage. It also heals wounds with its antibacterial properties which means you can use this as your new go-to acne spot treatment without worrying about any of that nasty scarring left over!
Aloe Vera extract reduces inflammation by reducing redness while providing soothing relief for irritated or dry skin
Coconut oil contains lauric acid, capric acid & caprylic acids which are all antimicrobial; they make bacteria inactive under certain conditions.
- There’s a high dose of green tea extract in this recipe, it helps with acne breakouts and boosts collagen production. It also contains natural antioxidants which help reduce the signs of aging such as wrinkles
- This cannabis coconut body lotion is not only an all over moisturizer but can be used to relieve pain from arthritis or joint aches thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties. As well as helping protect against sunburn because we know how important that is!
4. Will cannabis body lotion make you high?
No, this cannabis lotion will not get you high. As the lotion is applied topically, it is absorbed through the skin. Therefore, its THC content will not elicit any psychoactive effects. The THC in weed topicals will only present psychoactive effects if the THC were to enter your bloodstream. However, you will enjoy feelings of a relaxed body in the areas that you apply the cannabis lotion to.
5. Reviews from happy customers
- I use this lotion for my hands and feet when they get dry, it is fantastic. This recipe is the best! – Amanda
- My mom has been using cannabis coconut body lotion from a store but now she wants to make her own because we both love how it feels on our skin. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us! – Kayla
- I have been buying expensive high quality moisturizers until I found out about cannabis coconut body lotion. Now that’s all I buy since getting into DIY projects like this one. It also only takes me minutes to make instead of hours at the mall shopping around 😉