Cannabutter desserts are a delicious way to get cannabinoids into your system. Cannabutter is an ingredient in many desserts, like cookies and brownies. This blog post will provide you with the necessary information about cannabutter so that you can make your own cannabutter desserts at home!
What is cannabutter?
Cannabutter is derived from cannabinoids found in weed. The THC and other cannabinoids are extracted with the fat content of butter or even oil, which makes for a potent ingredient to use in your cooking!
Recipes for cannabutter desserts
- To begin making cannabutter desserts start by melting unsalted butter over low heat while stirring constantly. Continue cooking until golden brown and fragrant for no less than 20 minutes – strain through cheesecloth/saucepan lined with a coffee filter using ¼ cup of water per ounce of weed. Boil the water in a saucepan, then add cannabutter. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes on medium heat with constant stirring. The butter will separate into three layers – skim off the top layer of clear butterfat, leaving behind both milky fats/butter solids (the middle layer) as well as browned bits at the bottom (the third).
- Line a colander or sieve with cheesecloth or coffee filter paper and pour boiling water through it onto cannabutter mixture to rinse out any remaining weed particles that are not yet dissolved; squeeze cloth gently so all of the liquid is removed from the mixture before discarding. Let cool overnight before placing cannabutter in refrigerator for use in recipes.
- Store butter in the refrigerator for up to three weeks or freeze until needed.
- When ready to eat, simply melt cannabutter and add desired ingredients (cookies, brownies, ice cream).
You need a total of four sticks butter with an ounce each time you make this recipe. Add brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and flour together until everything is combined.
Then roll into balls or press onto baking sheet using spoon then place them in oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 13-15 minutes (depending on size). Cookies should look golden brown but not burnt before removing from oven.
Finally remove cookies from oven and let cool on cookie racks to harden off baked goods.
Cannabutter French Toast
Beat four eggs and a cup of milk together in one bowl. In another bowl, mix six tablespoons butter with one ounce of weed.
Dip the bread into the egg mixture. Coat both sides well and then coat it with cannabutter onto cook over medium heat for about two minutes per side until golden brown. Serve hot topped with your favorite toppings like powdered sugar or syrup. You can make this recipe by adding some fruit to it too!
Start off by preheating your oven to 350°F or 178°C, then add in the cannabutter while melting it over medium heat with a stick of butter until fully melted; mix together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda) before mixing them into cream cheese followed up afterward adding eggs one at a time stirring each addition before moving on to the next.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
In a bowl, combine four cups of white sugar, two eggs, and one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Add in the melted cannabutter or coconut oil to make your cookie dough and then mix it all together with three level teaspoons of baking powder until well blended before stirring in an equal amount (four cups) of flour. Next, fold in chocolate chips as desired.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs with lemon juice until well blended before adding it to the sugar mixture. Allow this to stand for about five minutes or so while gradually heating up butter over medium-high heat (or use cooking spray).
- Add melted cannabutter into flour along with salt for your desired dessert consistency before stirring thoroughly with milk. Cooks should be careful not to boil as this will ruin their recipe by making them too stiff. Let cook on low heat and continue stirring occasionally until they are thick enough that you can coat the back of spoon without any liquid coming off of it.
- Mix all ingredients together properly including egg whites, sugar, milk, cannabutter and vanilla extract. Allow to cool before serving.
- Use cooking spray or butter when making the dessert in order to get a desired consistency.
- The recipe should be cooked on low heat so that it does not boil off any of the liquid content which would spoil your dessert with dryness; keep stirring occasionally as it cooks until you can coat the back of spoon without anything coming through from underneath.
Banana Bread with Walnuts and Raisins
- 1 or more ripe bananas, mashed with a fork in a mixing bowl;
- ½ cup of cannabutter (melted);
- ¼ cup of dark brown sugar;
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract;
- ⅛ teaspoon salt;
- cups all purpose flour. For the vegan option use coconut oil instead of butter and soy milk instead of dairy milk;
- tablespoon ground cinnamon.
In a bowl, mix together the bananas and cannabutter until well combined; stir in brown sugar, vanilla extract, salt, cinnamon, and enough flour to form a dough . The mixture should be soft but not sticky or wet. If it is too dry add one tablespoon of water at a time to moisten. Too much liquid will make it difficult for your product to set up properly so err on the drier side if you find yourself adding more than two tablespoons of water total; this recipe does call for gluten free oats which inherently contain some moisture due to their natural composition that occurs during processing before they are packaged for sale as an alternative ingredient option when preparing baked goods and other dishes.
Rice Krispie Treats
Place large marshmallows on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place in the oven for two minutes to melt. Remove from heat, stir well with a spatula then sprinkle half of the Rice Krispies onto melted marshmallow mixture; work quickly because the mixture will start hardening again after being removed from oven. Pour rest of rice krispie mixture evenly over top and press down until level before pressing remaining melted marshmallows into the doughy surface using fingers or spoon. Place pan in refrigerator 45-60 mins to set up while you prepare other desserts (or enjoy one yourself!).