Weed Lemonade Origin Story
It was a few years ago and Bloomy, the ediblooms mascot, was playing around with some recipes in her kitchen. She had been working on a new vegan weed brownie recipe all day and the kitchen was super hot. She had her leaf hair up in a bun, but the sweat was still all over her. In a desperate attempt to cool down, Bloomy threw some of her fresh lemonade ingredients into a jar. She hadn’t had lemonade before so this was a new experience. She instantly fell in love with the bright, refreshing elixir and it’s been history ever since. Being Bloomy, of course she found some ways to not only make it refreshing, but uplifting. Depending on the dose wanted, you can water this down or make it higher by adding more infused ingredients, like weed sugar, to sweeten it further.
Why Cannabis Drinks?
Cannabis drinks are a refreshing way to pass the time during the hot summer months. Give your lungs a break and try out an infused beverage instead. Cannabis drinks can give you all of the high, with none of the smoke.
When many people think of baking edibles at home, they think of a long, messy, smelly process that requires both time and effort. But by comparison, cannabis drinks are actually quite easy to make and can be enjoyed much more quickly than edibles.
And, if you’re really feeling adventurous, they can even be mixed or made with cannabis-infused alcohol for a real mind-blowing experience.
Check out these two recipes for cannabis drinks that you can enjoy this summer!
Canna-infused lemonade is one of the great rewards of a hot summer day! Even better? It is super easy to make. Try our recipe!
Ice cold, cannabis-infused lemonade is one of the great pleasures of the summer. Even better news? It is super easy to make. The easiest method is to simply add canna-tincture to taste to a cold glass of homemade lemonade.
But if you want to master the art of making cannabis syrup, you can also add this potent extract to any drink you want.
- 3 cups (0.675 litres) of filtered water
- 3 cups (0.675 litres) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerine (available at any health store)
- 2 grams cannabis (finely ground)
- 1 saucepan
- 1 jar/closed container (i.e. Mason jar)
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Put the water and sugar in the saucepan. Bring to a boil, making sure the sugar is fully dissolved. Now, add the cannabis. This is a very important step. You are decarboxylating the cannabis. This means you are making the THC “active.”
- Maintain a steady, low boil. This is to make sure you do not damage the THC. Continue this process for about 20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat again to a low simmer. Add the glycerine. Let simmer for another 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your jar and strainer. The easiest way to do this is to stretch the cheesecloth over the jar opening. Place a rubber band around the cheesecloth to keep it in place. Now carefully and slowly pour the cannabis syrup through the cheesecloth. You should stop when the build-up of cannabis leaves gets too thick. Scrape the leaves back into the saucepan. Continue the process until you have squeezed all liquid from the leaves.
- Let this cool.
- Now add it to your favourite drinks.
The easiest way to brew cannabis-infused lemonade is by mixing some THC tincture into your favorite lemonade recipe. Just load up the dropper and squirt your desired amount directly into some homemade lemonade.
Try out this recipe for some quick, easy, and refreshing summertime lemonade!
You will need: 6-8 lemons (about 0.5L of lemon juice), 1.35L cold water, 200–250g of sugar, and 2-3 tsp. of cannabis tincture.
- Start by juicing the lemons. An electric juicer will help you to squeeze out every last drop of liquid gold!
- Mix lemon juice with sugar and water in a glass pitcher stirring well in order to ensure that all sugar is dissolved.
- Add your tincture while being mindful of dosage. Mix well.
Want to kick it up even further? Try using cannabis-infused vodka instead of tincture for a real wild ride.
Making Cannabis-Infused Iced Teas
Cannabis tincture can also be used to make infused iced tea. While easy to prepare, the bitter taste of tincture does not pair as well with tea as it does with lemonade. Using infused honey instead will result in a much better tasting batch of iced tea, with just a little more work.
To make cannabis honey-infused iced tea you will need: 6 cups water, 6 teabags of your choice (or 3+ tablespoons of loose leaf tea), ½ – ⅓ cup of all-natural honey,
In order to brew this tea, start by preparing the infused honey
- Place half a cup of water and ½ – ⅓ cup of all-natural honey in a small saucepan and set to medium heat
- Add in the amount of tincture you’d like to infuse your honey with. Keep in mind, that the honey will be used for several teas or other recipes, so you want to add 3 or 4 doses (depending on how sweet you like your tea!)
- Once the mixture reaches 150℉, stir until all the honey is dissolved into the water
- Pour into a glass container and place in the refrigerator for 12 hours in order to solidify
When the infused honey is ready for use, simply brew up a batch of your favorite tea and use spoonfuls of honey to infuse and sweeten it. If you’re feeling adventurous you should try adding sliced fruit to your iced tea for extra flavor. Sliced strawberries, peaches, and lemons go great with cannabis-infused iced tea.
Easy Cannabis Drinks to Make at Home
Cannabis Tincture Lemonade
Adding some cannabis tincture to your favorite lemonade recipe is the easiest way to whip up a batch of cannabis lemonade. In order to make this, simply add a few drops of tincture into some homemade lemonade. Here’s a quick recipe that always works for us!
Start with: 1.35L cold water, 6-8 lemons (around 500mL of lemon juice), 225g of sugar, 2-3 tsp. of cannabis tincture.
- Juice your lemons! If you have an electric juicer, now’s the time to pull it out. If not, roll up those sleeves and get to work!
- Pour the lemon juice into a glass pitcher and add sugar and water. Stir well.
- Lastly, add your tincture. Exactly how much you add should depend on the concentration of your tincture and how potent you want your lemonade to be.
Just add some ice cubes, stir, and enjoy!