Start Your Day Off With Some THC-Infused Cinnamon RollsAlso, what better way to round out an AM smoke sesh, than with some quality breakfast? And, while there are a million different options when it comes to this pre-lunch cuisine, I find that my sweet tooth usually makes the decisions during this part of the day.Which is probably why I’m such a huge fan of cinnamon rolls. I mean, who isn’t?These circular baked goods, infused with sugar, butter, and cinnamon, are some of the tastiest breakfast treats known to man. And, as amazing as they are in their current form, I’m here to tell you about a way to take these already-beloved cinnamon rolls to the next level. And I’m going to do that with the help of our old friend, Mary Jane.That’s right, by adding a strategic amount of cannabis-infused butter into the mix, it transforms these scrumptious spirals into potent pastries.Now, I’m sure your first question is: What if I don’t have any cannabis-infused butter?Easy. Simply head on down to your local dispensary. I’m sure their budtenders can help you pick out a quality tub of ganja butter. But, if you’re up to the task, you can easily whip up a batch of your very own at home.
These marijuana sweet rolls will stay fresh on the shelf for 3 – 4 days with only a light cover. No eggs, or milk are used and the butter has been clarified to oil for a very shelf stable recipe especially for cinnamon rolls. But don’t worry, the flavor is not compromised, it’s actually even better because the doubled amount butter oil melts out then absorbs back into the dough for a rich, gooey and and deliciously buttery dessert or paired with a cup of coffee in the morning for a decadent cannabis kick start.
These marijuana sweet rolls will stay fresh on the shelf for 3 – 4 days with only a light cover. No eggs, or milk are used and the butter has been clarified to oil for a very shelf stable recipe especially for cinnamon rolls.
Homemade cinnamon rolls with cannabutter recipe
One of the best things about homemade cinnamon rolls is that they really aren’t that difficult to make, which means that they work in a pinch for those with or without any prior experience in the kitchen, and if all else fails, you can always keep on scrolling to an even simpler solution that works great for those who have no confidence in their dough making abilities.
Preparation time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup milk (warmed)
- ½ cup cannabutter (melted)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons yeast (quick rise)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Large bowls
- Cooking spray
- Medium bowl
- Silicone spatula
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Now add the warm milk, melted cannabutter, sugar, and yeast to a large bowl, combine them, and then leave it all to rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once the milk mixture becomes frothy, pour in the flour and salt, and then combine them until they form an even dough.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and transfer the dough, then knead it together for approximately 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Take a clean bowl and give it a nice coating of cooking spray before placing the ball of dough into it.
- Now roll the ball around until it’s all nicely covered in the cooking oil.
- Next, you’ll need to shut the oven off, and then place that bowl into it to rise for approximately 40 minutes.
- Retrieve the dough from the oven, and lightly flour a surface so that you can roll the dough out into a thick sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients and then use a brush to coat the exposed dough with a hearty dose of cannabutter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and while you wait, rub the brown sugar combination into the melted cannabutter until the sheet is evenly coated.
- Leave the dough to sit for another 30 minutes, because it still has a little bit of rising to do.
- Cut the dough into 12 strips and then roll each one up so that they resemble proper cinnamon rolls.
- Place all the rolls on a baking sheet and cook them in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine the icing ingredients while the cinnamon rolls bake, and once they’re done, you can coat them in the sticky goodness, so that they’re ready to serve.
No kitchen skills? No problem!
The above cinnamon roll recipe is fantastic, but not everyone wants to make an entire recipe from scratch, which is why we’ve decided to include this extra easy, pre-bought dough set of instructions. They won’t be quite as thoroughly infused as the from-scratch cinnamon rolls above, but they will definitely hit that craving, and this idea takes most of the work out of the endeavor.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 11 minutes
- 1 tube of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing
- ¼ cup cannabutter
- Basting brush
- Silicone spatula
- Baking dish
- Unroll the tube of dough so that the whole cinnamon layer is well exposed.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and while you wait, use the cannabutter to coat it all in the cannabinoid filled goodness.
- Roll up the cinnamon rolls and then proceed, following the instructions.
By the time it’s all done, it’s way faster and easier than making homemade cinnamon rolls, but it’s just as delicious.
Cannabis Infused Butter
Now, let’s get into the other ingredients for this recipe. All of which will be segmented into different categories (filling, glaze, and dough).I know that’s a lot far more than my average recipe. But, to be fair, these are a lot more intricate (and tastier) than the typical baked good that I write about, so the extra effort (and ingredients) are worth it. Trust me.Calories: 436kcal
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Once that’s warming up, you should find three bowls to mix things in. I’d say aim for a couple big ones and a tiny one. Using that tiny bowl, we’re going to get your yeast going.
- In order to do that, you’ll want to add some warm water in, along with your package yeast. Then set that to the side for now, so the yeast can dissolve and do its thing. While that’s in motion, grab one of the bigger bowls, grease it, and place it to the side momentarily, as well.
- In the remaining large bowl, mix in your cannabis-infused butter, salt, egg, sugar, and milk. Once that has a good blend going, you can toss in 2 cup’s of flour. Be sure to mix this in as expertly as you can. You’ll know you’ve done a good job when the mixture becomes somewhat smooth.
- At this point, pick up that yeast concoction and add it to that bowl. Also, toss in the rest of your flour. It’ll help you manage the dough easier.
- You’re going to want to really work that dough for about 10 minutes or so. Be sure to do so on a floured countertop or surface. When that 10 minutes time period has elapsed, plop that bad boy in your previously greased bowl.
- Then, cover it with some plastic wrap. Don’t remove that cover until the dough has roughly doubled in size. In my experience, this part of the process could take nearly 2 hours. So hang tight, and let that dough grow and grow.
- When it has reached that size, pull it out of the bowl, and start punching that sucker. Then, when it’s in a more roll-able state, flour your surface again, and start rolling out this dough into a large rectangle.
- Grab your nearby cannabis-infused butter, and spread a healthy amount of it all over the available doughy real estate.
- Once you’ve got that good and slathered in your cannabis butter, grab your cinnamon and sugar, and sprinkle a solid amount over the dough. When you’re happy with that level of “sweetness” start rolling up the dough.
- I’d suggest starting with the longer side of the rectangle. Be sure to pinch-shut each side’s respective end when you’re done rolling it. At this point, you can grab a knife and cut the dough into rolls. This typically results in 10 or so rolls, when it’s all said and done.
- Grab that cannabis-infused butter again, and use it to coat the inside of whatever baking pan you plan to set these rolls atop when they are placed in the oven to bake. Before you throw them in the oven, give each roll another coating of sugar, just for good measure.
- Then let these rolls hang out for another 45 minutes before throwing them in the oven to cook. This time allows them to get a bit more swollen with flavor. Then, and only then, can you put them in the oven to cook for 30 minutes.
- Then, and only then, can you put them in the oven to cook for 30 minutes.
You’ll know they’re ready to be taken out when there’s a nice amount of browning going on with each roll’s exterior. When you’re happy with them, pull them out of the oven, and place them aside for a moment, as you prepare the glaze.To do this, you’ll want to mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and your cannabis-infused butter together. Add in tablespoons of hot water throughout the mixing process, as well. When you’ve achieved a mouthwatering consistency, you’ll know that your glaze is ready to go. Grab that newly formed glaze and spread it over each and every cinnamon roll.And that’s it!Pour yourself some celebratory coffee, fire up a joint, and dive into these truly amazing Cannabis-Infused Cinnamon Rolls.It really is the best way to start the day – I guarantee it.