Cannabis-infused butter, or cannabutter, is something new on the shelf. With cannabutter, you can prepare delicious cannabis edibles at home. And it’s the easiest way for you to incorporate cannabis in your baking.
There are 3 options to get your butter: (1) make your cannabis-infused butter using cannabis flower, (2) make your cannabutter using CBD oil or CBD hemp flower, (3) buy your cannabutter.
1)Decarboxylating (aka decarb) your cannabis. This is a crucial step for you to activate the psychoactive potential of your cannabis. Otherwise, you’ll risk having an inactive finished product.
- You need to slowly heat your cannabis at a low temperature. So, decarb your cannabis in the oven by:
- First, preheat your oven to 245ºF, while placing the buds on a non-stick tray.
- Second, place the tray into the oven, and—depending on how old and dry your cannabis is—set the timer for 30-40 minutes.
- Once you’re done decarboxylating your cannabis, you can now move to step 2.
2) The next step is to grind your decarb cannabis coarsely by using a hand grinder. Do not over grind to a very fine texture.
3) Then, melt the butter and add 1 cup of water into a saucepan. Make sure not to burn your butter.
4) While the butter is melting, start adding your decarb cannabis. And let the mixture simmer on low heat for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally, and see to it that the mixture doesn’t come to a full boil.
5) Once your mixture cooled off, strain your cannabis butter using a cheesecloth.
If you want to get the full benefits of cannabis without the “high” associated with THC, then you should make a CBD-infused butter. You can use the same instructions above to make CBD cannabutter.
You can infuse the butter using a CBD oil or CBD hemp buds. Ideally, however, when decarboxylating your cannabis, you should do so without exceeding 350ºF. This is because CBD cooks off easily at this temperature.
Buy CBD butter
However, if you want to bake your cheesecake without the hassle of making your butter, then choose the easiest option—buy one! You can buy cannabutter online or on your favorite cannabis store.
If you want to get the “high” effect of cannabis, then making your cannabis butter is the route you should take. Using only the following ingredients and item(s), you can make your THC butter:
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup ground cannabis (bud)
Cannabis No Bake Cheesecake
This infused recipe is the perfect dessert. When it comes to Cheesecake, you can have it plain, or add toppings such as chocolate sauce or fruit!
*The first three ingredients on the recipe card are for the crust. The remaining ingredients are for the filling.
*Tip- for best results with the filling, whip the heavy cream really well, at least 3-4 minutes. This will help the cheesecake fully setup.
- 1/2 cup Cannabutter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 16 oz Full-fat cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- For the crust- Add graham melted Cannabutter, cracker crumbs, and sugar, in a small bowl. Make sure crackers are totally coated in butter. Pour into a 7 inch pan,and spread evenly. Press the crackers into the bottom of the pan, to pack the crust together.
- For the filling- Combine the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a bowl. Using a mixer, mix until soft and smooth.
- Add the cream and mix to combine. Once mixed well,increase the speed and whip for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour over the crust. Refrigerate a minimum or 6 hours.
The 420 New York Cheesecake
Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Mix Graham cracker crumbs with your melted butter and cannabutter and press mixture to bottom of the pan. Mix cream cheese with sugar and blend in the milk, and mix in the eggs one at a time. Add the rest of the ingredients and pour into the prepared crust. Bake for an hour and then let cool for 5 – 6 hours. Place in fridge to cool. Melt chocolate and add a little cream. Pour on top and serve.
PREPARATION TIME0H15MINCOOKING TIME1H00MINREADY IN8H00MINBEST STRAINS”SHERBERT QUEEN WEDDING GELATO”EACH BITE
For lovers of cheesecake, nothing beats the New York version. Believe it or not, however, a physician named Aegimus suggests that the ancient Greeks enjoyed the sweet treat back in the 5th century BC! Some historians believe that athletes at the first Olympic Games, in 776 BC, consumed the dessert.
We can trace the modern edition of cheesecake back to the 1700s, but the American version only took hold after 1872. It was in this year that William Lawrence accidentally invented a dense and creamy cheese when attempting to recreate a French cheese called Neufchatel.
As for the legendary New York cheesecake, we can probably thank German-born Arnold Rueben. He is also famous for developing the signature sandwich that bears his surname. After going to a party, he received a cheese pie. Rueben experimented with the dish, and from this tale, we get the New York Cheesecake!
The essence of the dessert is its reliance on sour or heavy cream. Typically, it is extremely rich, with a delightfully smooth, creamy, and dense consistency. The heavy/sour cream ensures the cheesecake is less likely to freeze. If you feel daring, mix the cream with vanilla extract and sugar, and put it in the oven for a twice-baked masterpiece!
These days, canna-cooking is extremely popular! Prospective chefs with a love of marijuana enjoy conjuring up a variety of weird and occasionally unusual dishes that contain the herb. In this article, we provide you with a quick and easy recipe for a 420 New York Cheesecake. The dessert isn’t the only thing getting baked today!
The primary ingredient in a 420 New York Cheesecake and any other marijuana-infused edible is cannabis butter. You may believe it is a complicated and challenging endeavor, but in reality, all you’re doing is mixing weed with butter. It is necessary to decarboxylate the herb to activate cannabinoids such as THC and CBD. Otherwise, you end up with raw pot that offers little in the way of effects.
As far as ingredients go, you need a cup of butter for every half-ounce of weed. In case you are wondering, a cup of butter equals half a pound, eight ounces, or two sticks. If you want to include a full ounce of marijuana, use 16 ounces (four sticks) of butter.
Here Is a Step-by-Step Guide to Creating Cannabutter:
- Begin by spreading your ground nuggets, shake, or trim evenly onto a tray with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 240 Degrees Fahrenheit (approximately 115 Degrees Celsius) and bake for about 40-50 minutes. Your pot will turn out very dry, but this is the result you want.
- In a medium cooking pan, heat 1-2 quarts of water and allow it to get hot. Once ready, throw in your sticks of butter (2 sticks per half an ounce of weed). Keep the heat on medium-low to slowly melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add in those dank buds you decarbed in the oven. Stir the mixture from time to time. Allow it to cook at your lowest heat setting for 2.5 – 3.5 hours.
- When you slow cook the mixture adequately, take a cheesecloth and place it over a bowl big enough to hold your batch of butter. Pour the mixture over the cheesecloth and into the bowl carefully. Wrap the cheesecloth and give it a squeeze to extract any remaining oil.
- Let the mixture settle for about 45 minutes, then place it in the fridge to cool further. When you put this THC laden concoction in the refrigerator, the top layer will rise apart from the water over time. This is the part you are going to peel off once it’s completely separated. Be sure all extra water is scraped off, and store your fresh reefer extract in a jar or air-tight container.
Making a 420 New York Cheesecake: Step-by-Step
What You’ll Need:
- 15 Graham crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cannabutter, melted
- 4 packages (8oz) of cream cheese
- 5 cups of white sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 small bar of milk chocolate
Making Your Reefer Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Thoroughly grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- Remember the mixing bowl you got out in the beginning? Mix Graham cracker crumbs with your melted butter and cannabutter. Press the mixture to the bottom of the springform pan.
- In a different bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in the milk, and mix in the eggs one at a time. Add the sour cream, vanilla, and flour, and mix until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake for about an hour. Turn the oven off, and let it cool for 5-6 hours to prevent cracking. Place in a refrigerator to chill.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat. Add a bit of the cream and stir until smooth.
- Pour on top or decorate and serve.
- Want to get blazed? Have two slices!